Access control of google drive using domains
For controlling access of google drive's folders and subfolders, domains can be used. Using any of the four domains, create and view access can be controlled for the members added in the domain. Follow the steps to setup access control:
1. Go to your workspace and select Access Control tab from the top.
2. Select Domain or create domain of your requirement (This example takes member domain for controlling access)
3. Select Application tab of the corresponding domain and then select the google drive app. Check mark the checkboxes for the type of access (create, view or both) you want to give to the domain members and click on Save Domain button.
4. Select User & Roles tab and click on Add Members button to add members as roles or as individuals.
Referenced Google Drive
When Google Drive is referenced in some other application, field setup is required. Follow the steps to setup the referenced field (Google Drive).
1. In the field setup the referenced app should have Google Drive in it (As in the image below).
2. In Item folder name, choose text or number from the adjacent drop down. Prefix and suffix can be added to the item folder name. (Only text and number fields of the application can be used to create the Item folder name)
3. Click on "Add Folder" to create folders/ sub-folders and structure them as per your requirement. Click Save to save the configurations.
The members those who have given access for google drive, only they can view what is been shared by the admin.
Even if the name of two item folders are same they are easily recognizable by the ids that's been assigned to all the item folders automatically. The image below shows such an example, two item folders have same name (as highlighted) i.e. "Fusionmint Abrahim" but the ids on these two folders are different and that's how it is easier to recognize the folders.